I believe Ms. Hamilton is incorrect on two points. The definition of "pastor" literally means "a shepherd." This raises the question: Who are the ones that "shepherd" a church? Notice in Acts 20:28 that the elders of the church of Ephesus were told to "shepherd the church of God …"

In 1 Peter 5:1-2, the elders of the church are again told to "shepherd the flock of God …" We can clearly see that a pastor and an elder have similar roles. Also, the term "elder" and "bishop" are used interchangeably in Titus 1:5,7. I believe it is reasonable to conclude these terms represent the same office.

That is, pastors, elders or bishops are a group of people that shepherd and lead the church, and those titles are used interchangeably. This is an issue because the qualifications laid out for that office written of in 1 Timothy 3:2 and Titus 1:6 cannot be met by a woman. 

Take note of 1 Corinthians 14:34-35. The context of this chapter is correcting abuses of the church in the handling of the spiritual gifts, which were given to them at that time. Paul states if a woman could prophesize, they are to "keep silent." The context of 1 Corinthians 14 makes it clear these things were to happen when the Christians in Corinth were assembled together, as in 1 Corinthians 14:23. So, it can be proven that even women which had this power still had to be "submissive." 

(1) comment

Mom2DAB

Aw, Evan. Sure women can be pastors and shepherds, just not in your church. Women called by God usually find a church to serve. https://www.hubcityspokes.com/front-page-slideshow-news-hattiesburg/hattiesburg-pastor-hits-road-combat-poverty-america?fbclid=IwAR3zo-fwuDc-NkgpNQD75WxmU8hPJARPhhMlfK-6Z20Az5TqIhUUt2X-8Gw