Joshua Moore

Joshua Moore, an MSU-Meridian 2022 graduate, passed away May 12. He was 37.

On May 12, Joshua Moore, a graduate from Mississippi State University's Meridian campus, passed away. He was 37.

Moore was a native of Philadelphia, MS.

As of this spring, he had received a degree from the College of Education in secondary education.

Moore is survived by his parents, Houston and Martha Moore, his sisters, Beverly Horne, Tonya Moore, Kawanna Moore, Melonie (Mangold) Washington, his four nieces, nephew and other relatives.

His funeral service was held at 11 a.m. on May 16 at Mt. Ary Missionary Baptist Church in Philadelphia.

Kaleb Smith, an instructor at MSU's Meridian campus, taught Moore for the past three semesters. Smith described Moore as a hard-working student who could light up a Zoom meeting with his bright persona.

"He was just fun to have near you," Smith said.

With his encouraging and humorous spirit, Smith said Moore's positivity made a difference in Smith's day.

Smith said Moore was excited to begin his work in education.

"He was so proud that he was going to graduate," Smith said. "He had put so much work into it."

MSU Police Chief Vance Rice and Dean of Students Thomas Bourgeois said there is no additional information available at this time.

(0) comments