Easter shooting leaves Starkville teenager dead

Easter Sunday ended with a deadly shooting at the intersection of Sherman Street and Hilliard Street in Starkville.

Starkville Police Department arrived on the scene at 5:17 p.m., and the victim, Clifton Hester Files, a 17-year-old from Starkville, was pronounced deceased.

After shooting the victim, the suspects fled the crime scene on foot. SPD concluded that the victim and suspects knew each other.

On Tuesday, Starkville Police Department arrested 15-year-old Starkville resident Tyrese Macon for the murder of Files. According to SPD's press release, the shooting occurred inside a vehicle, and neither teenager lived near the crime scene.

"This violent act has impacted a number of lives and is not a reflection of Starkville's core values," SPD Chief Mark Ballard said in a press release. "Senseless violence has left one teenager dead, and another teenager has forever changed the course of his life."

SPD moved Macon to the Oktibbeha County Jail, where he has a $750,000 bond set.

UPDATE: Starkville Police Department arrested 15-year-old Starkville resident Coby Jones on April 13 for the murder of Files. 

SPD moved Jones to Oktibbeha County Jail, and he has a $750,000 bond set.

(0) comments