President Mark Keenum offers advice for incoming freshmen

MSU President Mark E. Keenum

Dear New Bulldogs,

Welcome to Mississippi State University!

This is the start of an especially exciting time in your life, and I want you to know that you are on a campus that will allow you to take full advantage of your strengths across a wide range of pursuits— in the classroom and beyond. Our faculty and staff are eager to assist in your transition to college and to help you chart a course to become whatever you want to be.

Your fellow students come from every corner of Mississippi, every state in the nation and more than 80 different countries around the world. You will gain by living and learning alongside those whose traditions and experiences are different from your own, and you will find that our reputation as a welcoming, caring, and inclusive campus is well deserved.

Each of you has ability and promise, and I hope you will make the most of it to become the leader that your community, your state and your country need you to be. I will do everything in my power to make Mississippi State University the university you deserve and expect it to be. We are committed to doing all we can to help you make progress academically and earn your degree. I hope you will make the same commitment to give your best— in the classroom or in upholding our timeless values of integrity, hard work, and respect.

We’re glad you’re here and look forward to getting to know you better. And remember, go to class— every class, every time!

Hail State!

Mark E. Keenum, Mississippi State University President

(0) comments