Lab Rats

Lab Rats comedy group will present ‘The Rat in the Hat’ tonight at 6, 8 and 10 p.m. on the fourth floor of Moseley Hall. Tickets are $5 and discounted for attendees wearing a Lab Rats t-shirt.

The Mississippi State University Lab Rats Comedy troupe is putting on a show for students tonight. The show will be held on the fourth floor of Moseley Hall, and tickets are only $5. If attendees  wear a Lab Rats t-shirt, they will receive a discounted price.

Lab Rats Comedy is an improvisational group and the first of its kind at MSU. They take words, names, locations and other random ideas from the audience, and come up with ways to act them out on the spot.

The theme for the upcoming show is “The Rat in the Hat”, based off  the famous children’s book author, Dr. Seuss. 

Connor Booth, this semester’s Lab Rats sketch director, is excited about the upcoming show.

“My favorite part is watching the audience react whenever I’m performing,” Booth said. “I do some crazy stuff sometimes and hearing their laughter and watching their facial expressions really keep me going further in the scene and push myself as a comedian.”

Booth said she has been a member of Lab Rats for four semesters and thoroughly enjoys it. She said it gives her a chance to be herself and to interact with those who are just as energized and well-rounded as she is.

Brittany Roberts, performing Lab Rats member, said she has been involved with the group since the first semester of her freshman year, and she loves it.

“I think one of the best parts about performing is just being able to be goofy with your friends and have a good time,” Roberts said. “A lot of times, if you’re having fun up there, the audience is too.”

As a graphic design major, Roberts is really involved with Lab Rats. She designed some of the posters, and  has also taught a few workshops. She said it is a lot of work, but definitely worth it.

There will be three shows tonight. The times are 6 p.m., 8 p.m. and 10 p.m. The Lab Rats will have their final show on April 27, which is the last day of classes for the semester.

If interested in becoming a member of this group, students can start by attending a few of their workshops every Tuesday night at 7 p.m, in Suite 227 of the Colvard Student Union.

According to their website, “You’ll laugh, you’ll cry (if you laugh hard enough), and you’ll be happy all night. Bring all your friends. Or even some of your friends.”

(0) comments